21 june 2021 Shaking Еmotion Аt Тhe Opera Gala "Viva Puccini" Maestro Ivan Kozhuharov, soloists, orchestra and choir created a memorable musical event of the Open-Air Theater
A kind of remake of the rainy, though not so cold, June evening from the concert "Johann Strauss Gala" took place on Saturday at the Summer Theater in Burgas. Endless rain invasion and atypical for the season temperatures, but a high degree of spirit, induced by the energy, which was palpable - as an exchange between conductor, performers, and audience at the opera gala "VIVA PUCCINI" on Saturday night / June 19 /.
It is no coincidence that the statement that maestro Ivan Kozhuharov inspires and gives class to the performed scores, turning every concert or performance under his baton into a cultural event. The opera gala "VIVA PUCCINI" proved it to the fullest.
Exceptional professionalism, filigree dynamics - from the fine sound, characteristic of the suppressed pain of the human soul, to the bubbling power and unchanging power of Fate - in the bravura moments.
The wonderful soloists, orchestrators, and choir were united by the unified energy of the musical event. The sopranos Joana Zhelezcheva, Maria Tsvetkova-Madzharova, and Nona Krastnikova had completely merged with the philosophical concept of Puccini's music, which develops in depth the dramatic images, saturated with tragedy and super-condensed emotionality in all registers. Magnificent timbre nuances, brilliantly developed dynamics, and artistry showed on the stage of the Summer Theater and the tenors Daniel Damyanov and Yani Nikolov, Lyumomir Todorov, and Milen Dinolov, the baritone Alexander Krunev and the bass Delyan Slavov. Both the solo performances, with orchestra and choir, and the duets and ensembles, were perfectly crafted and presented with the necessary dose of artistic energy, which turns the music into an influential force of emotional resonance.
A memorable gala took place, which caused not only excitement so far with the incomparable in drama and depth operа work of the colossus Puccini, but also shocking - as a force of the palette of feelings and experiences generated by those present.
The applause on his feet at the end of the opera gala proved it.
At the end of the music festival was presented the traditional flower basket on behalf of the Mayor of Burgas - Mr. Dimitar Nikolov.
The event was the fourth in a row of the program of the Burgas Music Festival "Emil Chakarov" 2021, realized by the State Opera - Burgas and the Municipality of Burgas.
Conductor - IVAN KOZHUKHAROV, Concertmaster - Yordan KOVACHEV,
Conductor of people - Nevena MIHAYLOVA
Soloists: Joana ZHELEZCHEVA - soprano, Maria Tsvetkova-Madzharova - soprano, Nona KRASTNIKOVA - soprano, Daniel DAMYANOV - tenor, Yani NIKOLOV - tenor, Lyubomir TODOROV - tenor, Мilen DINOLOV - tenor
The program included:
1. Intermezzo from op. "Manon Lesko" - Performing Orchestra of the State Opera - Burgas
2. Manon's aria from the 2nd act of the opera "Manon Lesko" - performed by Joanna Zhelezcheva
3. Final of the 1st act of the opera "Turandot" - performed by: Maria Tsvetkova (Liu), Daniel Damyanov (Calaf), Delyan Slavov (Timur), Alexander Krunev (Ping), Lubomir Todor (Pong), Milen Dinolov ) and choir of the State Opera - Burgas
4. "La Morte di Liu" - the 3rd act of the opera "Turandot" - performed by: Joanna Zhelezcheva (Liu), Daniel Damyanov (Calaf), Delyan Slavov (Timur), Alexander Krunev (Ping), Lubomir Todor (Pong), Milen Dinolov (Pang) and the choir of the State Opera - Burgas
5. Final of the 1st act from op. "Tosca" - performed by Nona Krastnikova, Alexander Krunev, a choir of the State Opera - Burgas
6. Aria of Tosca from the opera of the same name - performed by Joana Zhelezcheva
7. Cho-Cho-san aria from the 2nd act of the opera "Madame Butterfly" - performed by Nona Krasnikova
8. Pinkerton's aria from the 3rd act of the opera "Madame Butterfly" - performed by Yani Nikolov
9. Duet of Manon Lesko and De Grijo from the 2nd act of the opera "Manon Lesko" - performed by Joana Zhelezcheva and Daniel Damyanov
10. "Coro a bocca chiusa" from the 2nd act of the opera Madame Butterfly "- performed by the choir of the State Opera - Burgas
11. Mimi's aria from the 1st act of Op. "Bohemia" - performed by Maria Tsvetkova-Madzharova
12. Duet of Mimi and Rodolfo from the 1st act of the opera "Bohemia" - performed by Maria Tsvetkova-Madzharova and Daniel Damyanov
13. Finale of the 3rd act of the opera "Bohemia" - performed by: Nona Krastnikova (Mimi), Maria Tsvetkova-Madjarova (Museums), Yani Nikolov, (Rodolfo), Alexander Krunev (Marcel)
14. Colin's aria from the 4th act of Op. "Bohemia" - performed by Delyan Slavov
15. Calaf's aria from Op. "Turandot" - performed by: Daniel Damyanov and the choir of the State Opera - Burgas
Photos and video: State Opera - Burgas